If you are looking to buy a portable AC for your home, it is best you do your homework first. These units can be large, noisy and more importantly, expensive. Also, with very many different models available today, it can be difficult to choose one that will offer value for your money. With this guide, that we have prepared after doing thorough research, you should be able to find the best portable air conditioner under $300.
Top Portable Air Conditioner Under 300 Bucks in 2020
Ontel Arctic Personal Air Cooler
- Personal Space Cooler that Lets You Create Your Own Personal Comfort Zone. NOTE:...
- Cools, Humidifies, and Purifies for Better Air!
- Easy-Fill Water Tank Lasts Up to 8 Hours! Freon Free, Energy Efficient &
The Ontel personal air cooler is one of the most affordable units out there. You can get it on Amazon pretty cheap. It cools, humidifies and purifies your personal space for better air. It can run up to 8 hours once filled with water. Among its impressive features is its compact design, which will take less space and it doesn’t need to vent out of your window.
- It is very cheap
- Energy efficient
- Easy to fill and use
- Easy to clean
- It doesn’t take space
- Loud on high setting
- Not effective on larger spaces
- Prone to mold growth
Honeywell 470-659CFM Portable Evaporative Cooler
- Indoor evaporative air cooler or swamp cooler ideal for use in the southwest and...
- Super low power consumption 230W & powerful 470-659CFM airflow ideal for spot...
- Carbon Dust Air Filter, Remote Control, Low water alarm, energy saving timer,...
The Honeywell 470-659CFM is designed to cool small to medium spaces. It is portable and has a low power consumption of 230W. It has an ice compartment where the user can add ice to lower the water temperatures and sustain a cooler airflow. The unit also features remote control and built-in holster for convenience.
- It is energy efficient
- Remote control feature is convenient
- It is easy to use
- Powerful fan
- Difficult to clean water tank
- It is expensive
- Can be a bit noisy
KUUOTE Portable Air Conditioner Fan
- 【Air Conditioner Fan】 This portable air conditioner fan can be used as an...
- 【Multi Function】 Small Desk Fan, Air Circulator, Portable Evaporative Air...
- 【Air Humidification】 With the water tank, continuously spraying for 3-5...
This personal air conditioner is suitable for a study desk, office table, dressing table, computer desk or dining table among other spaces. It features 3 adjustable speeds and a water tank that can run up to 5 hours. It can automatically turn off the humidification function when water in the tank runs out. With its 8.9-inch height and portable handle design, it can be a good choice for anyone looking for a small air conditioner that can be moved around.
- It is easy to use
- Convenient timer feature
- Cool nightlights
- Powerful fan
- It is quiet
- Not effective on large spaces
- Price is a bit high
Honeywell 200-276CFM Portable Evaporative Cooler
- Indoor evaporative air cooler or swamp cooler Ideal for use in the southwest and...
- Super low power consumption & powerful 200-276 CFM airflow ideal for personal...
- 4 fan speeds, Remote Control, Low water alarm, energy saving timer, detachable...
Last, but not least is this Honeywell CS074AE model. It is powerful and features a detachable water tank for easy operation. It has four fan speeds that alternate between gentle humidity and targeted spot cooling. Its digital display, timer, and remote-control feature makes it convenient for the user. With its easy-to-grasp handle and lightweight design, it can be the best portable air conditioner under $300 for your personal space.
- Convenient design with low water alarm
- Easy to use
- Low noise levels
- It is lightweight
- May not be adequate for cooling larger spaces
- Water can slosh around when closing the drawer
Benefits of Portable Air Conditioners
If you are looking to invest in an air conditioner for your home, office or any other space, it can be challenging to decide on the right type to choose. Nevertheless, we look at some of the advantages that come with choosing the portable air conditioners.
One of the benefits of portable AC’s is that they have no restrictions. They usually don’t need to vent out and they can easily be relocated from one room to another. Also, if you have limited space, the last thing you need is something large or permanent. With portable units, they are smaller and only take a fraction of your space.
The other advantage is their cost-effectiveness when it comes to energy bills. With spot cooling, you only use the unit on a specific space and consequently, lower your energy costs. Also, portable air conditioners usually work as both coolers and humidifiers.
Searching for the best portable air conditioner under $300 can be hard, but it doesn’t have to be so. You need to start by evaluating your specific needs. With this guide, you can find the right unit for your space and for a price that meets your budget.