If it is your first time getting a smart thermostat you might be trying to figure out if the ecobee4 and its remote sensors work with Google home? The answer is Yes. Connecting the thermostat to Google home is simple but you will need to assign a name to your thermostat or the pairing process will fail.
To do this access the thermostat screen and go to MAIN MENU > Settings > PREFERENCE then tap on the “Thermostat Name”
To assign a name to Switch + open the app and select the switch + from the MY DEVICE list and tap on the Main Menu icon on the bottom left.
Select “Device Info” then tap on the “Device Name” to make the changes.
Most Ecobee thermostat comes with exceptional features but the ecobee4 Google assistant makes this smart thermostat outstanding.
This is how to connect your device to Google Home.
- Open the ecobee 4 Google home App
- Go to devices
- Tap on the Ecobee icon from the device list
- Once you’ve selected, it will prompt you to enter the username and password to your Ecobee account to authorize the application
Gone are the days when you had to use IFTTT (if this then that) with your ecobee thermostat to connect to Google home.
There are plenty of built-in Google Home ecobee commands you can use with your Google Home giving you simple hands-off control of your air conditioning system.
You can use commands like;
- Ok Google, turn on the <thermostat name> schedule”
- “Ok Google set the temperature to <temperature>”
- “Ok Google, what’s the current reading on the <sensor name> sensor?”
- “Hey Google, increase the temperature in the <thermostat name>” (defaults to 7-degree increase)
- “Hey Google, increase the temperature in the <thermostat name> by <number> degrees”
- “Hey Google, what’s the <thermostat name> set to?”